Can you believe it? It has been just over a month since the historic ratification vote that created the United Conservative party.
And while things may have appeared relatively quiet since that time, it is only because the Interim Joint Board, staff, volunteers and our MLAs have been working furiously to get this new party off the ground!
Since July 22, we have:
- Officially registered the United Conservative Party with Elections Alberta
- Merged our office and staff
- Launched a new website and begun online membership sales
- Combined our legacy membership lists and begun email communications
- Launched a fundraising campaign
- Started working with legacy constituency associations to help them with wind-down and the development of the UCP constituency associations
- Begun drafting the leadership contest plan
- Created new social media profiles to help get the UCP word out
- Legally merged the founding societies (WR, PC and UCP)
Our newly combined caucus has been equally busy - they swiftly moved to receive official recognition from the Speaker of the Alberta Legislature, have chosen interim Leader Nathan Cooper, assigned new critic portfolios and begun a summer tour for outreach to Albertans.
There is much more to come in the next few weeks including a leadership election, policy process development and, early next year, a founding convention and general meeting. Members with email addresses on file will shortly receive a new UCP membership card.
We are also busy working on operational plans to create a strong, professional and responsive party organization.
We've accomplished a lot since July 22 but we still need your help in building the United Conservative Party.
Can you pitch in $10, $50, $100 or whatever amount you can afford?
Are you following UCP on social media?